Friday, December 17, 2010

Perfecting the posy

For my birthday my next door neighbour made me a posy of flowers from her garden.  It has been a long time since a saw a posy like this. 




It reminded me of how I used to see flowers as a child.  I can even remember giving my Mum a posy of African violets.  A posy is unheard of these days (well in my world it is).  As one of my best friends said "flowers these days always come in a box".   She's a midwife and is constantly surrounded by floral tributes and she is right they all come in those horrible coloured boxes.

So I've decided to conquer the posy.  I've set myself a challenge to perfect the posy.  I've started by looking at what plants my neighbour grows and looking around at my garden to see what have already that might be suitable.  Then I'm going to harass my neighbour (sorry Jan) for tips. Needless to say I'm off to the nursery this weekend (I was going anyway but now I have extra incentive).

Eloise dance concert was last weekend and parents had to present their child with a gift at the end.  So I made her a posy.  Here is my first attempt.  She loved it (I didn't really have a too critical an audience on my first attempt).




No comments:

Post a Comment