Sunday, December 12, 2010

3rd Birthday

  
The boys have turned three.  It feels like they should be turning 30.  How can 3 years feel so long yet so short. 

So I made two pinata cakes.  So very slightly different that you would hardly notice.  This was easier than I thought.  The tricks were:having the right the bowl size, oiling the bowl before coating it with chocolate and heating the bowl to get them out.


I even made a cake for each for the inside an added lots of lollies.



We did however have trouble


We were not able to crack it with the hammer.  It seems in efforts to make it sturdy I also made it unbreakable.  So the knife came to the rescue


And once it was open they didn't stop.  So I had to be mean mummy and remove the cakes to prevent hyperactivity occurring on bed time...though it was a futile exercise as they are still over excited today.

No comments:

Post a Comment