Friday, January 20, 2012

What have I been doing?

I am still here.  I have started work at my new job and we have a lot of visitors. It has been really great to see everyone and as a result all of my usual activities have been shelved (but not completely).

What have I been working on?  I have been hand quilting (Yes Auntie M you read right).  Never thought I hear myself say that.  I have been using pearle 8 cotton and the fantastic Jenna Kimble's redwork needles (size 9).  I am liking this sort of quilting.  Here is a sneak peak of some of the blocks I have yet to do.





I have finally got a home for my sewing machine in our new home.  For the first few weeks it lived in the hall way..now we have moved it into the lounge and I can get going on all my embroidery projects I have in my mind.  More to come on that later.

I have also been crocheting the hexagons and working on some more Georgetown Turnaround circles.  I have to take some more pictures to show you next post.

3 comments:

  1. finally you have posted a blog!!! Can't believe you are actually going to HAND QUILT something. M will be so proud!!!! Glad you have settled in ok looking forward to seeing you on the 11th Feb if you can make it. (don't forget a week later just for Feb) Helen F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you. Auntie M is very pleased and proud!! I recognise that quilt! Must check out the Jeanna Kimball needles - thanks for that tip. Hope all is going well at work and looking forward to hearing all you news in person soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars look gorgeous - sorry we didn't really get time to look at any of your projects while I was there!

    ReplyDelete